Thursday, January 19, 2006

of crushes n such!

i seem to be maturing way too slowly for my actual age!

i'm 23+ and still in the stage where you have crushes once in a while (not the serious type - that's just limited to one!). It's pretty much like a teenager. Probably 'coz i had my first full-blown crush so late, or whatever.

And it is the most inappropriate type of crush - woman elder to me (roughly by 10 yrs), working at a higher hierarchy level, and last and the most blasphemous - married! No, i don't have a thing for married elder woman. Don't judge me dammit!

ok let's move on and look beyond the moral and ethical issues!

ok, a brief look into the professional in appropriateness of it - she's a couple of levels above me in the work hierarchy. not my boss' boss. but kinda like, hmmmm, how do i explain - ok, let's take an IT team example. hypothetically, if i'm an IT analyst, she's the team leader for a project in which i have no involvement. so no direct line of responsibilty or authority between us! so we were in a meeting together and then is when this happened.

well she's not the usual crush-at-first-sight types. but then who said i'm not weird.anyhow.
she does not have pretty cute face which will cause a crush. she's got big eyes, mopped hair (short, but all over the place), clearly defined jaw-bones and not the most attractive set of teeth.

she's gone ahead with the kill-by-attitude and behaviour style. it's just the way she talks. it's just the way her face lights up like a 500watt bulb when she smiles. it's the mischievous sparkle in her eyes when she's excited (which she can get at trivial things), it's the way she looks stressed at the smallest sign of trouble (careful there, emphasis on 'looks stressed', but definitely is not actually stressed by the problem-she's tough!) it's the way she asks me for a favour and then thanks later ever so sweetly (feeding that son-of-a-b***h male ego of mine). it's the way she called me 'sweet n cute', thrice :- on other occasions, it annoys me when somebody calls me that, 'coz let's face it - me no sweet, me no cute. calling me s n c is like insulting amrita rao and preity 'dimple' zinta. well every time she called me that, she becomes all the more s n c!
she's 30+ but behaves like 17 - not bimbotic, mind ya, not silly. but cuuuu....uuuuute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i'm so mushed up, messed up, whatever) and when she was leaving she put on her red-tinted glasses and said - 'cya around' - attitude man! and did i mention to forget, that she was dressed in a red business suit - looks goooooood on her

bottom line, a semi-serious (more like quarter-serious) crush! that's why the ethical and professional issues don't bother me. it's just a passing crush, which will soon die out!

PS:
dear first crush,
no offence to u. no dilution of feelings for u! don't get J. u still make my heart skip a gazillion beats! u r still the one!!!

and oh yes, did i already mention, i'm so messed up! aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cheers to my first non-indian crush!!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Angelsera said...

hmm...interesting post...

I dont believe tt to have a crush ther is anything like an 'age barrier'. Absolutely anyone can make your heart flutter.

Oh and I just read your other post on your 'first crush'.V v touching.

Do put posts up more often (I shdnt b the one saying tt..but still) :)

10:58 AM  
Blogger Angelsera said...

its mostly been body language that captivates me first abt a person.

Most of the crushes I have had ...had nothin to do with 'crush at first sight' or about how good lookin the guy was..

11:02 AM  
Blogger oxymoron said...

age-barrier is no issue. the prob comes coz the lady-in-question is married and kinda at my boss level!!!
anywayz, it's not serious, so it's fine!

9:54 AM  
Blogger oxymoron said...

//Do put posts up more often

angelsera, that just doesn't happen! i have a couple of drafts sitting in my temp folder. i start with an idea/event/thought and then it never sees completion 'coz i run out of steam half way.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Vinesh said...

Have fun while it lasts...:-)

4:06 AM  
Blogger Sayesha said...

Aha! Six references to my favourite post on your blog! :)

Enjoy the crush! :)

2:44 PM  
Blogger oxymoron said...

vinesh n sayesha,
:(
sadly it has to be over! not going to see her for a long time. she's in a different department at a different location!
:(
sad sad sad!!!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Angelsera said...

how come NO UPDATES??!!!!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Princessse said...

where are the exclamation marks!!!!! I mis them!!! :)

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mate, you are freaking me out. Its like you stepped right into my head, pulled out the words and spelt them out for everyone to read. Sorry, but have to take the cover of anonymity.

9:22 PM  
Blogger oxymoron said...

anonymous,
interesting to know that!
i got company. but dont tell me that the subject of our stories is the same person. that will be some freakin' coincidence!

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there!! Very nice content here. In my opinion, India is one of the coolest places to vist.. it’s like taking a history lesson, with all the modern comforts 
I used this site called India Travel Route, which has travel packages to India..check it out.. total luxury packages!!

The URL is: http://www.indiatravelroute.com/?channel=rgxblog13&adgroup=toxymoron.blogspot


Rock on!!

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home