Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Of Peaceful Waters!

What is it in a large water body that makes it such a soothing sight! Has a calming effect on the observor! The crowd and company are rendered irrelevant!

I experienced it thrice on one single day, when i decided to take a mid-week break from work and pop up at the ECP! The large expanse of water - still water, calm water, beautiful water; can do wonders for any depressed soul! Watch the sun rays bounce of the surface! Damn!

And then to quench my post-sunset thirst I arrived at the Esplanade! Oh so beautiful... so picturesque! Water again, at the waterfront! Watching the Merlion across from the waterfront! The whole water front... too good! Shimmering lights create an unmatched effect!

And my final stop was the area next to the UOB Plaza. The steps along the river, where I could sit and watch the flowing water! All the hustle - bustle of Boat Quay was beyond my reach! Or rather I was beyond the reach of the hustle-bustle and the noise, coz their was some calm within! Third relaxing and peaceful stop of the day!

And just when I took the bus home, it started raining and rained all the way. A bus journey in pouring rainfall - icing on the cake. Made my day! A worthwhile break.

Water made my day! I was all refreshed and recharged for the next working day!

10 Comments:

Blogger Sayesha said...

I love to watch water too. Makes me very thoughtful yet at peace :)

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You bet. It's a very peaceful sight. Love it. I also love to watch water at nighttime....when the lights around as well as the moonlight bounce off the watery surface. That shimmering ripple effect is absolutely beautiful..I could keep looking at it.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Princessse said...

The expanse of water and the effects of its stillness, its flow, reflections of light are all beautiful and engaging. But the best thing about your post which struck at me by far was your use of an Exclamation Mark at the end of practically every sentence!!! :) And I found that really cute coz it depicts a certain state of mind / happiness i suppose? And seeing that someone so immersed in the company of beautifully flowing water that it almost made their soul sing, is a warm feeling indeed =)

12:28 PM  
Blogger oxymoron said...

# sayesha & harshi
couldn't agree more!

# princesse
interesting observation!!! it made me go through all my posts. i guess i tend to use the exclamation mark a bit more than usual. but this post had an excessive usage, so i guess, may you are right; that it probably does reflect a calm and happy mind!!!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Princessse said...

:) hehe, yea, after I made the comment to this post, I proceeded to read some of your other posts, and as I observed the exclamation marks everywhere, it just made me smile so much!! :) real cute.

Keep up the good writing! will be back :)

10:02 PM  
Blogger Jina said...

"water made my day"......I have never heard anyone sayin dat before eventhough I know lot of people can relate to it...including me.....that was a real soothing post

7:45 PM  
Blogger oxymoron said...

Princesse,
ur "exclamation marks" observation has gotten stuck in my head and now i everytime i put one, i reconsider, whether the sentence deserves one or not ;)

thnx ursjina.
water has such a calming effect!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Princessse said...

aiyo! so cute! :) hehe... you just continue writing the way do. That's what makes you YOU! And so much fun to read!!! hee hee heee :)

7:35 PM  
Blogger oxymoron said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:47 PM  
Blogger oxymoron said...

princesse, taken note! my latest post has a generous sprinkling of "!" !!

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home